Crossgates Primary School Covid 19 March Recovery Plan
2nd March 2021
As you know, Crossgates will be open for all children from March 8th and we are really looking forward to welcoming all the children back. School has worked extremely well over the last few months and the systems in place have been successful. Nothing much has changed in our plan other than timings and some PE days.
The priority, as always, for this stage is to continue to ensure Crossgates is a safe place of learning for pupils, staff and the community, whilst having all the children in school. We have taken every measure possible to keep your children safe. These are the measures that are still in place:
- Staggering start times.
- Children working in bubbles in their classes.
- Minimising movement around school, no changing of classes for Maths and English.
- Extra cleaning during the day.
- Staggered lunch and playtimes.
- Staggered home times.
- One-way system outside school for parents and children.
- One-way system on the corridors in school.
- Limiting children in both breakfast club and after school club.
- Children will see the same staff each day and staff will only mix with the same group of children.
- All children must wash their hands before they leave home.
- Children will wash their hands frequently during the day, they can also bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Children will bring own water bottles from home to refill. Only water is allowed.
- Children will wear full school uniform which must be cleaned regularly.
- Children to wear trainers and PE kit to school for outdoor PE.
Wrens – Monday
Owls – Monday
Robins – Wednesday
Finches – Thursday
Sparrows – Friday
KEK – Friday
- Only book bags allowed.
- Children will need to bring their coat, book bag and a hat if sunny.
- Lunch choices will be limited.
- All staff and adult visitors wear fluid resistant masks at all times.
- All staff take LFTs twice a week.
- Rooms are ventilated all day.
- Adults keep 2 metre distance from each other.
I would also like you to commit to the safety of pupils and staff in school by:
- If you or your family have symptoms; self-isolate, book a test and follow track and trace directions. Ensure you inform school.
- As a family take part in twice weekly LFTs – we will send more information about this.
- Keep to social distancing until it is lifted.
- Follow the current rules and no mixing in houses or outside.
- Keep up-to-date with the current guidance.
- Thoroughly clean lunch boxes every night.
- Ensure your child has washed their hands before they leave the house in the morning.
- Keep to the one-way system outside and don’t gather at the gates or in the playground.
- Only one adult to one child or family of children.
- Stick to your drop off and pick up times, this is really important to reduce congestion.
- Collect your child at the end of the day from the playgrounds.
- Do not enter school, please phone if you need to talk to somebody. Appointments will be made if necessary.
- Wear a face mask when entering the school grounds and keep a 2 metre distance from each other.
ARRIVAL TIMES – THESE MUST BE ADHERED TO. These have changed.
Parents, please follow the one-way system and drop your child off at the gate. Wooden gate for year one and reception, large playground gate for year 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
Arrival and finish times:
March – still staggered start and finish
Robins – 8:40 – 3:05
Wrens – 8:50 – 3:15
Sparrows– 9:00 – 3:20
Rosefinch, Goldfinch and Greenfinch -8:40 – 3:05
Falcons, Eagles and Kestrels – 8:50 - 3:15
OWLS – 9:00 – 3:20
End of the day
If being collected by an adult, all children must be collected from the small or large playground. Please observe social distancing rules and don’t hang around school. Only one adult to collect each child or family of children. The children will be brought out to you.
Large playground – years 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Small playground – reception and year one.
We are really looking forward to seeing your children again next week and getting back to some normality. Let’s all do our very best to keep school open.